LESSON 2: CLOSER INSPECTION: BUSINESS OVERVIEW
In this lesson we’ll begin looking at the business form the inside, digging into to detail about the work you are doing, or planning to do.
A crucial skill smart business owners know is that you can decide what your business will do, not the market. The thoughtful way to read the past and inform the future. What you do is what you become known for and becomes your brand if you’re not careful.
- Distilling the work you want to become known for starts with a conscious reviewing of your work.
- Understanding that you get to command what work you do and who you work with — and that just because you think about these things doesn’t mean you have to immediately act.
- Getting stuck: analyzing each piece of work too deeply (discrediting/picking apart your past)
- Future-forecasting (this isn’t logical to think I can do this piece of work as a job, it only happened that one or two times)
- Understanding that you get to command what work you do and who you work with — and that just because you think about these things doesn’t mean you have to immediately act
- I’m a new business, I need help clarifying potential client & products